CollectionCambodian Elections Web Archive The Cambodian Elections Web Archive covers the 2013 and 2018 general elections, which saw Cambodians vote for representatives to the 125-seat National Assembly.
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Asian Division
- Date: 2013
Collection Items: View 46 Items
CollectionCapital and the Bay: Narratives of Washington and the Chesapeake Bay Region, 1600-1925 The fourth in a series of local history collections presented by the National Digital Library Program as part of American Memory, joining "California As I Saw It", Pioneering the Upper Midwest, and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Rare Book and Special Collections Division
- Date: 2000
Collection Items: View 141 Items
CollectionCaptain Pearl R. Nye: Life on the Ohio and Erie Canal Captain Pearl R. Nye: Life on the Ohio and Erie Canal captures the culture and music of the men, women, and children who worked and lived along the Ohio and Erie Canal....
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Lomax, John A. (John Avery) - Nye, Pearl R. - Archive of American Folk Song - Lomax, Alan - American Folklife Center
- Date: 1937
Collection Items: View 141 Items
CollectionThe Carnegie Hall Collection of Conversations with Composers Ellen Taaffe Zwilich held the first Carnegie Hall Composer’s Chair from 1995 to 1999. One of her many initiatives as chair was to build a video archive of interviews with composers whose...
Collection Items: View 11 Items
CollectionCarnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South Noted architectural photographer Frances Benjamin Johnston (1864-1952) created a systematic record of early American buildings and gardens called the Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South (CSAS). This collection, created primarily...
- Contributor: Carnegie Corporation of New York - Johnston, Frances Benjamin
- Date: 1864
Collection Items: View 6,965 Items
CollectionCarpenter Collection The more than 15,000 images in the Frank and Frances Carpenter Collection represent the extensive photographic files assembled by Frank G. Carpenter and his daughter Frances to illustrate his popular writings on...
- Contributor: Carpenter, Frances - Carpenter, Frank G. (Frank George)
- Date: 1880
Collection Items: View 1,814 Items
CollectionCarrie Chapman Catt Papers The papers of suffragist, political strategist, and pacifist Carrie Lane Chapman Catt (1859-1947) span the years 1848-1950, with the bulk of the material dating from 1890 to 1920. The collection consists of...
- Contributor: Catt, Carrie Chapman
Collection Items: View 573 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings Offers more than 9,000 original drawings for editorial cartoons, caricatures, and comic strips spanning the late 1700s to the present, primarily from 1880 to 1980. The cartoons cover people and events throughout...
- Contributor: Bartholomew, Charles Lewis - Mauldin, Bill - Johnson, Herbert - Frueh, Alfred Joseph - Berryman, Clifford Kennedy - Cesare, Oscar Edward - Kirby, Rollin - Crockett, Gib - Covarrubias, Miguel - Mahony, Felix - Conacher, John C. - Mu?a??i?, Ardashīr - Kelly, Walt - Harrington, Oliver W. (Oliver Wendell)
- Date: 1794
Collection Items: View 5,898 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings: Herblock Collection Herbert L. Block (1909-2001), known to the world as Herblock, was one of the most influential political commentators and editorial cartoonists in American history. His long chronicle of major social and political...
- Contributor: Block, Herbert
- Date: 1930
Collection Items: View 9,134 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings: Swann Collection of Caricature and Cartoon Contains 2,085 drawings, prints, and paintings related to the art of caricature, cartoon, and illustration, spanning the years 1780 to 1977 and includes works by 521 American and foreign artists and illustrators....
- Contributor: Caroline and Erwin Swann Collection (Library of Congress) - Swann, Erwin
- Date: 1780
Collection Items: View 775 Items
CollectionCartoon Prints, American This assemblage of more than 500 prints made in America during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries encompasses several forms of political art. Most of the prints are from the division's PC/US series,...
- Contributor: Baillie, James S. - Maurer, Louis - Magee, John L. - Bucholzer, H. - Currier & Ives - Currier, Nathaniel - Childs, John - Clay, Edward Williams - Robinson, Henry R.
- Date: 1766
Collection Items: View 821 Items
CollectionCartoon Prints, British The Prints and Photographs Division holds one of the largest collections of British political and satirical prints in America. The approximately 9,000 prints (approximately 8,500 distinct images) in the collection highlight British...
- Date: 1650
Collection Items: View 954 Items
CollectionA Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates 1774-1875 Beginning with the Continental Congress in 1774, America's national legislative bodies have kept records of their proceedings. The records of the Continental Congress, the Constitutional Convention, and the United States Congress make...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Law Library of Congress (U.S.)
- Date: 1998
CollectionCharles S. Hamlin Papers The digitized portion (8,096 items; 17,808 images) of the papers of lawyer, politician, assistant secretary of the treasury, and governor of the Federal Reserve Board Charles S. Hamlin (1861-1938) includes diaries (1887-1937),...
- Contributor: Hamlin, Anna - Robles, Sebastian T. (Sebastian Tomas) - Hamlin, Huybertie Pruyn - Hamlin, Charles S. (Charles Sumner)
Collection Items: View 207 Items
CollectionCharles Wellington Reed Papers, 1776 to 1926 The papers of Civil War soldier and artist Charles Wellington Reed (1841-1926) span the years 1776-1926, with the bulk of the material concentrated in the period 1862-1865, when he served with the...
- Contributor: Reed, Charles Wellington
Collection Items: View 36 Items
CollectionChester Alan Arthur Papers The papers of Chester Alan Arthur (1829-1886), who became the twenty-first president of the United States in 1881 after James A. Garfield’s assassination, consist of 4,400 items (7,667 images), most of which...
- Contributor: Arthur, Chester Alan
Collection Items: View 103 Items
CollectionChicago Ethnic Arts Project Collection The Chicago Ethnic Arts Project survey was conducted in 1977 by the American Folklife Center at the request of the Illinois Arts Council to assess and document the status of ethnic art...
- Contributor: Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - George, Philip - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kal?ik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi ... Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - George, Philip - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kal?ik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi - Fleischhauer, Carl - Mack, James - Dovydenas, Jonas - Brzovich, Mato - Trbuhovic-Grasa, Gordana - Choi, Chungmoo - Bradunas, Elena - Fiske-Rusciano, Roberta - Bartis, Peter - Hellenberg, Antony - Klymasz, Robert Bogdan - March, Richard - American Folklife Center - Chicago Ethnic Arts Project - Libonati, Roland V. (Roland Victor) - Metcalfe, Ralph H. - Klymasz, Shirley - Lund, Jens - Illinois Arts Council
- Date: 1976
Collection Items: View 1,138 Items
CollectionChina-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) 2018-2020 Web Archive The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is part of China’s “One Belt, One Road (OBOR)” initiative. OBOR’s vision encompasses a geographical region that extends from the Baltics in Europe to Southeast Asia and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Asian Division - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division
- Date: 2018
Collection Items: View 2 Items
CollectionCities and Towns This category includes maps that depict individual buildings to panoramic views of large urban areas. These maps record the evolution of cities illustrating the development and nature of economic activities, educational and...
- Date: 1500
Collection Items: View 3,674 Items
CollectionCivil Rights History Project On May 12, 2009, the U. S. Congress authorized a national initiative by passing The Civil Rights History Project Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-19). The law directed the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Stewart, Eleanor - McDew, Charles - Hopkins, Evans D. - Magee, Clarence - Simpson, Euvester - Jones, Mary A. - Hicks, Gregory Vincent - Young, Sam - Tillow, Walter M. - Vivian, C. T. ... Stewart, Eleanor - McDew, Charles - Hopkins, Evans D. - Magee, Clarence - Simpson, Euvester - Jones, Mary A. - Hicks, Gregory Vincent - Young, Sam - Tillow, Walter M. - Vivian, C. T. - Mahone, Sam - Parker, Wheeler - Hill, Oliver W. - Anderson, Fletcher - Tillow, Kay - Dove, Samuel - Henderson, Juadine - Carlos, John - Adams-Johnson, Frankye - Funchess, Glenda - Derby, Doris Adelaide - Hicks, Robert Lawrence - Williams, Junius W. - Mulholland, Joan Trumpauer - Hrabowski, Freeman A. - Jenkins, Timothy Lionel - Jarmon, Charles - Tuttle, Rick - Library of Congress - McCarty, Michael D. - Montes, Carlos - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Grinnell, Gloria Claudette - Moldovan, Alfred - Arellanes, Gloria - Ackerman, Satoko Ito - Gaither, Thomas Walter - Browner, Clifford - Suggs, Harold - Abernathy, Donzaleigh - Miller, Carolyn - Zellner, Dorothy - Burras, Carol Cummings - Crosby, Emilye - Abernathy, Ralph David - Walker, Wyatt Tee - Dahmer, Ellie J. - Holloway, Eddie A. - Zapata, Luis - McLaurin, Charles - Howell, Embry - Anderson, William G. - Saunders, William - Carter, Robert L. - Varela, Maria - Walter, Mildred Pitts - Simmons, Gwendolyn Zoharah - Hildreth, Marilyn Luper - Richardson, Gloria - Crosby, Patricia A. - Bailey, D'army - Suggs, Frances L. - Cox, Courtland - Ackerman, David M. - Greene, Freddie - Anderson, Cynthia Baker - Smith, Jeanette - Leventhal, Willy S. (Willy Siegel) - Dahmer, Vernon - Bassett, Emmett W. - Lucy, William - Hicks, Charles Ray - Young, Carrie Lamar - Dittmer, John - Carawan, Guy - Caldwell, Ben R. - Robinson, Reginald - McCullar, Johnnie Ruth - McKinney, Samuel Berry - Jones, James Oscar - Newson, Moses J. - Sales, Ruby - Greenberg, Jack - Lowery, Joseph E. - Hamilton, Audrey Nell - Bennett, Geraldine Crawford - Ulmer, Joeann Anderson - Guyot, Lawrence - Head, Rosie M. - Alexander, Roberta - Glascoe, Myrtle Gonza - Duncan, Gwendolyn Annette - Cotton, Dorothy F. - Huggins, Ericka - Dixon, Elmer - Churchville, John Elliott - Cline, David P. - Siler, Charles E. - Brown, Amos C. (Amos Cleophilus) - Sherrod, Charles - Todd, Lisa Anderson - Broadway, Louise W. - George, Virginia Simms - Luper, Calvin - Holloway, Lucius - Branch, Raylawni G. - Crosby, David L. - Cleaver, Kathleen - Hutchings, Phil - Marshall, Cecilia - Burns, Julia Matilda - Brown, Robert J. - Griffin, Willie James - Finney, Ernest A., (Ernest Adolphus) - Noonan, Martha P. - Roxborough, Mildred Bond - Dudley, John F. - King, Lonnie C. - Perry, Matthew J. (Matthew James) - Jenkins, Willie Elliot - Jackson, Gertrude Newsome - Reece, Dwandalyn R. - McNichols, Steven - Hayling, Robert Bagner - Bassett, Priscilla - Russell, Bill - Seeger, Pete - Thelwell, Michael - Patton, Gwendolyn M. - Lawrence, William M. - Howell, Joseph T. - McClary, Robert - Fuller, Linda - Walker, Theresa Ann - Hicks, Darryl Robertson - Ladner, Dorie - Bates, Scott - Bruce, Walter - Blake, Harry - Bond, Julian - Miller, Grace H. - Long, Worth W. - Carawan, Candie - Conway, Purcell Maurice - Mtume, Norma - Paysour, Lafleur - National Museum of African American History and Culture (U.S.) - Williams, Cecil J. - Diamond, Dion T. - Mosnier, Joseph - Robinson, Betty Garman - Lawson, Jennifer - Guster, Leesco - Moore, E. Maynard - Ladner, Joyce A. - Miller, James E. - Branch, Taylor - Terry, Esther M. A. - Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Jeffries, Hasan Kwame - Sellers, Cleveland - Hicks, Valeria Payton - Rosenberg, Jean Voelker - Strickland, William - Jenkins, Mary F. - Becton, Julius W. (Julius Wesley) - Richardson, Judy - Connor, Peggy Jean - Rosenberg, John M. - Sobol, Anne Buxton - Wright, Simeon - Collins, Barbara Maria - Sherrod, Shirley - Booker, Simeon - Dixon, Aaron Floyd - Sullivan, Patricia - Howard, Elbert - Bishop, John Melville - Taylor, Kieran Walsh - American Folklife Center - Jones, Jamila - Jones, Clarence - Geiger, Jack - Jones, Nathaniel Hawthorne - Vickers, Barbara Edna - Breaux, Toni - Camarillo, Mateo - Clark, Robert George - Brown, Harold K. - Avery, Annie Pearl - Holloway, Emma Kate - Sobol, Richard - Abernathy, Juandalynn R. - Southern Oral History Program
- Date: 2010
Collection Items: View 157 Items
CollectionCivil War Explore the faces, places and events of the U.S. Civil War through photographs, prints and drawings. The Prints & Photographs Division holds thousands of images relating to the Civil War, found in...
- Contributor: O'Sullivan, Timothy H. - Brady, Mathew - Barnard, George N. - Gibson, James F. - Gardner, Alexander - Smith, William Morris
- Date: 1860
Collection Items: View 16,189 Items
CollectionCivil War Glass Negatives and Related Prints Provides access to about 7,000 different views and portraits made during the American Civil War (1861-1865) and its immediate aftermath. The images represent the original glass plate negatives made under the supervision...
- Date: 1861
Collection Items: View 8,728 Items
CollectionCivil War Maps Brings together materials from three premier collections: the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division, the Virginia Historical Society, and the Library of Virginia. Among the reconnaissance, sketch, and theater-of-war maps are...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Geography and Map Division - Virginia Historical Society - Library of Virginia
- Date: 1999
Collection Items: View 2,338 Items
CollectionCivil War Soldier in the Wild Cat Regiment : Selections from the Tilton C. Reynolds Papers Comprising 164 items (359 digital images), this online presentation includes correspondence, photographs, and other materials dating between 1861 and 1865 documenting the Civil War experience of Captain Tilton C. Reynolds, a member...
- Contributor: Reynolds, Tilton C. - Reynolds, Juliana Smith
Collection Items: View 174 Items
CollectionClara Barton Papers The papers of nurse, educator, philanthropist, and lecturer Clara Barton (1821-1912) consist of 62,000 items (81,608 images), most of which were digitized from 123 reels of previously produced microfilm. Spanning the years...
- Contributor: Barton, Clara
Collection Items: View 939 Items
CollectionCollege Women's Association of Japan Print Show Collection More than 180 artists living and working in Japan created the 212 fine art prints in the College Women's Association of Japan Print Show Collection. The prints, dating primarily from 2003 to...
- Contributor: College Women's Association of Japan
- Date: 1987
Collection Items: View 214 Items
CollectionColorado Folklife Project Collection The Colorado Folklife Project was sponsored by the American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, working with John D. Farr, representative of the Rocky Mountain Continental Divide Foundation, Frisco, Colorado, to assist in...
- Contributor: Natanson, Barbara Orbach - American Folklife Center - Emrich, Ron - Dettmer, Elke - Marshall, Howard W. - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1980
Collection Items: View 130 Items
CollectionComics Literature and Criticism Web Archive This collection includes various forms of comics literature and criticism, such as blogs and other online publication platforms, to preserve contemporary discussion regarding this format/genre/subject in its various forms (comic books, comic...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Serial & Government Publications Division
- Date: 2018
Collection Items: View 40 Items
CollectionConfederate States of America Records The records of the Confederate States of America span the years 1854-1889, with the bulk of the material concentrated in the period 1861-1865, during the Civil War in America. The collection relates...
- Contributor: Confederate States of America. Post-Office Department - Confederate States of America. War Department - Confederate States of America. Department of the Treasury - Confederate States of America. Department of Justice - Confederate States of America - Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee - Confederate States of America. Department of State - Wadsworth, James Wolcott - Confederate States of America. Navy
Collection Items: View 73 Items
CollectionCoptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody With its roots in Ancient Egyptian music, Coptic Christian chant is one of the oldest liturgical genres still performed today. Drawing on the Ragheb Moftah Collection, this presentation explores some of the...
- Contributor: Wilson, Marian Robertson - Newlandsmith, Ernest - Moftah, Ragheb - Tóth, Margit
- Date: 1926
Collection Items: View 339 Items
CollectionCrisis in Darfur 2006 Web Archive Described by the United Nations as the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, the current conflict in Sudan’s western region of Darfur began in early 2003, when rebels attacked government targets and then expanded...
- Contributor: Library of Congress
- Date: 2006
Collection Items: View 220 Items
CollectionCurtis (Edward S.) Collection The Curtis collection consists of more than 2,400 silver-gelatin, first generation photographic prints--some of which are sepia-toned--made from Curtis's original glass negatives. Most of the photographic prints are 5" x 7" although...
- Contributor: Curtis, Edward S.
- Date: 1899
Collection Items: View 1,074 Items
CollectionDaguerreotypes There are approximately 700 daguerreotypes in the Prints & Photographs Division. The majority of the images are portraits, but the collection does include a few early architectural views, outdoor scenes, and copies...
- Contributor: Washington, Augustus - Cornelius, Robert - Anson, Rufus - Brady, Mathew
- Date: 1839
Collection Items: View 865 Items